Tuesday, June 29, 2004

We stayed up last night to watch the election coverage. I just couldn't go to sleep thinking that Steven Harper was leading the country so I had to wait until I knew it was safe.

The coverage on CBC was actually pretty entertaining. It started off with a song by the "black out" explaining that BC voters could now see what was going on. It was so funny. I also enjoyed Rick Mercers stuff.

The best part of the night were the results from Newfoundland. In the riding of Bonavista-Exploits my favorite weatherman Scott Simms won. I used to watch him all the time on The Weather Network and was upset when he left. Now I know why, I was excited to see him win last night.

Our riding was pretty normal, the liberal incumbent who has served 4 terms in a row won again. However, Rosie the Clown managed almost 200 votes.

The worst part of the whole election was actually voting. They sent my voter card to Nova Scotia despite the fact that I have voted in both a provincial and federal election here. Not to mention Joe managed to get his here. Anyway, I went to the polling station having talked to Elections Canada and knew exactly what I needed to do. Then I got to the lady at the registration desk, seriously to they line the people up by age and put the 125 year old lady at the busiest area. Anyway after about 15 minutes, some paper work and a few trips to the ballot box I finally got my vote in.

Ours is all over for now, what will the Americans do in November is the next question???



0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me


Name:Tricia
Location:Halifax

This is about me, nothing fancy just who I am and what I think. I am not very good with words and I try and be funny so stick with me.



Previous Posts



Powered by Blogger