Sunday, September 03, 2006

Well we are all moved in. Our move went way better then we could have expected.

On Friday we came to get the keys and move little stuff in to the apartment. There were so many people here and it seemed like everyone was trying to get an elevator. It was nuts. We had our elevator time booked for Saturday and we were hoping that it wasn't as bad.

So Saturday morning at 8am Bob and Irene showed up in Hammonds Plains to help us load our stuff. We managed to fit everything into the van we rented, Dad's truck and Irene and Bob's car. This was the first good thing because that meant that we didn't have to make multiple trips back to Hammonds Plains.

When we got to the apartment building, around 9:45 people were already using the elevator (which is weird since I was told 10am was the earliest I could be moving stuff in). They said they had it booked from 8 to 10 and then there was another group of people (a moving company) that said their client had it booked from 9-12!!!! That is also weird since once again I was told I could have 2 hours.

Anyway we worked it out everyone shared, the moving company was done shortly after 10 so we got going. It all went really smooth once we had a dedicated elevator and we had everything in our apartment and the van returned to the dealer by 11:30. Then we went for lunch, got groceries and started to unpack.

Now it's Sunday 11:30 and we have pretty much everything done. We still need to buy a few things (bookshelf, hangers, garbage cans) but stores aren't open today or tomorrow so it will have to wait.

Now for some pictures. The first is our living room and then others are our awesome view.








2 Comments:


At 9:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! on your new home. I am sure you both will be quite cozy here, great view, and everything within walking distance, how great is that. Love Aunt Flo

 

At 11:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your new place looks awesome. Got any spare rooms? Hehe... I kid.

Rup

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me


Name:Tricia
Location:Halifax

This is about me, nothing fancy just who I am and what I think. I am not very good with words and I try and be funny so stick with me.



Previous Posts



Powered by Blogger